Early Learning Greenwood: FAQ and Location
Northwest Center Kids at Greenwood is located at 9535 Greenwood Ave N., Seattle, WA 98103
Get directions to our facility.
Get directions to our facility.
Do you have any spaces available?
Yes, We have a few limited spaces in certain age groups. We are in the process of calling families on our waitlist to fill these spaces. If you need childcare, please call for more information.
Do you offer part time care?
We offer part time spaces at two days per week on Tuesday and Thursday, or three days per week on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. School age care can be before and after school, or before or after only, depending on your needs and space available.
How do I get on your wait list?
You can get on our wait list by calling the center or sending us an email. We will ask for your address and phone number, your child’s name and age, and days of care you are looking for. There is no fee to be on our waitlist. We will send you more information and schedule a tour when space becomes available.
May I come and visit?
We welcome families to come and see our program before enrolling. We will call families on the wait list to schedule the next available tour based on our anticipated availability of space. We do not accept drop-in tours. If you are not on our wait list and would like a tour, please call to speak with a program coordinator about our enrollment process.
How long is your wait list?
The lengths of our wait lists vary according to the room. We usually have predictable spaces available on a regular basis, when currently enrolled children graduate or move up into the next program. Most spaces become available between June and September of each year. We give priority placements to children with special needs (up to 40% of enrollment), and siblings of children already enrolled in our program. Due to these placements, our wait list for other children is often over a year long. We recommend that you join our wait list as far in advance as possible. It is a good idea to plan for infant care as soon as you know you are having a child.
How will I know if a space becomes available?
We will contact you as soon as a space that suits your needs becomes available; usually about a month in advance of the date you would like care to begin. At times we have unexpected spaces become available. In this case we may call and offer a space that is available as soon as the enrollment process can be completed.
What is the charge for being on your wait list?
We do not charge families for being on our wait list. We do, however, require that families contact us if they want to remain on our wait list beyond the month for which they initially requested care.
What are your rates?
Tuition rates vary by age and classroom. We charge a $50 registration fee upon enrollment, and an annual $50 registration fee, charged every February, to cover classroom projects and materials.
Do you accept subsidies for low- income families?
Yes. We accept DSHS or City of Seattle funding subsidies to low income families. Northwest Center may be able to provide some scholarship assistance to families of children with special needs who do not qualify for the above subsidies, but need assistance.
- Creative Curriculum—more info about the curriculum used in our program
- Parent Help 123—parent resources from the Department of Social and Health Services
- ESIT—Early Support for Infants and Toddlers Washington Department of Early Learning
- Washington PAVE—a parent-directed organization that works with families, individuals with disabilities, professionals and community members
- FEAT—Families for Effective Autism Treatment serves families with children with autism and their educators
- King County Childcare Aware (Child Care Resources) leads efforts to promote equity for children, community stability and school readiness; a great resource for low-income subsidy information and finding childcare
- Seattle Public Schools—A wealth of information about Seattle Public schools, including special education programs and kindergarten enrollment information
- ARC– parent to parent
- http://win211.org/ telephone number 211