Recognizing and addressing a reading challenge early on is crucial to a child’s development. Early Intervention services, like those provided by Northwest Center, can be integral to a child’s reading development. PBS* reports:
- Roughly 85% of children diagnosed with learning difficulties have a primary problem with reading and related language skills.
- Most reading disabilities are neurodevelopmental in nature.
- Neurodevelopmental problems don’t go away, but they can be managed.
- Most children with reading disabilities can become proficient readers and can learn strategies for success in school.
- When a child’s reading disability is identified early, that child is more likely to learn strategies that will raise his or her reading to grade level.
Everyone deserves to learn to read, no matter how long it takes.